Misty Business: A look into Supergoop! Defense Refresh Setting Mist with Rosemary.

3:29 PM

Recently I read an Into The Gloss article about facial mists and, being relatively new to the concept it was definitely intriguing and fascinating. I currently own only Avéne Eau Thermale spray that I use mostly every day after washing my face. Even though I love it and will continue to use, I find it does not set my makeup as good as I want it to.

One of the items from the ITG article that caught my eye instantly was the Supergoop! Defense Refresh Setting Mist with Rosemary ($28). Supergoop! already has an impressive range of effective sunscreens and I've been using their Sun-Defying Sunscreen Oil for a long time. On my last trip to Sephora I picked this up among some other repurchases, such as the Sephora brand cotton pads and the Clinique eye makeup remover.



This setting mist has SPF 50, which I believe is incredibly important. Over the last few years I have been incorporating sunscreen religiously into my skincare routine and have seen vast improvements. The slightly-strong scent of rosemary and mint is my favorite--although it does have a sunscreen-y aroma to it.

It is described as a "matte finish three-in-one: sets make-up, controls oil and delivers UV photoaging protection." Now, ever since I moved to Oregon the thought of using sunscreen every day was sort of an eyebrow-raising thought, but the summer is still here and with that, lovely Oregon sun and seemingly perfect temperatures. I like to walk around a lot and even when I am not wearing makeup I will spritz this on my face.

My nose turns red easily when I am not wearing sunscreen and when wearing this did not happen, so I can speak for its effectiveness in the sunscreen department. My makeup seemed to stay in my face and not my belongings, which was a nice change. Oil control was also a pleasant surprise. My face is usually horribly oily by the 1-hr mark but with this it was not until after five hours that I started to see significant shine.

Even with the ever-present sunscreen smell (that thankfully disappears after a minute), I am pleased to say I was right in my intuitions and will continue to use this whenever I am having a long day of meetings and classes. This works quite well, and I'm even considering getting the travel sized version.

- Linda




You Might Also Like

0 comments