Moving on
12:45 AMLeaving Tumblr certainly feels refreshing.
It's one of those things that you grow up with and learn so much from but over time became a chore, a carefully dictated choreography of what to post, what to say, who to follow. I had been on Tumblr since 2010 and to be honest I should have left a long time ago if it wasn't for the beauty blog that took me so long to build. Still, it was a big relief to pass it on to a dear friend that would care for it when I obviously did not have the energy or the passion to do so.
I still love blogging about beauty, and it is why I moved to this platform. This feels like a more personal outlet that allows me to write about something I care about a great deal. The way my blog on Tumblr started and how it evolved left me dissatisfied and feeling directionless. As my life changed tremendously--from graduating college, to my first job, to enrolling in graduate school--the connection I felt with Tumblr gradually started to fade, and it took all but one year for me to realize that.
Now, what will this blog be about? The blog title certainly does not give anything away.
This will (hopefully) be a creative outlet for me to talk about beauty and skincare, amongst other minor--but not less important--topics. Will I do reviews? Perhaps. I have a feeling it will be mostly unnecessary ramble.
To whomever that might read this in the future--welcome!
- Linda
0 comments