Putting your best face forward: my picks.

10:00 AM

Over the years, I have gone from a very intricate routine of face makeup that involved full-coverage foundation, concealer, and lots of face powder. Thankfully for my complexion those days are long gone, and now my makeup routine is relatively simple and I have found products that work in harmony with my very tempestuous skin type.

I have three products here that are pretty much the same in terms of what they do, but one of them is being marketed as a BB Cream (although I think of it as a very lightweight foundation). When concealing alone just will not do, I rotate through these depending on what finish I want and what my skin needs at the moment.



1. Rimmel London BB Cream Matte. Even though it is marketed as a BB Cream, as I said I feel this works better as a very lightweight, sheer-to-medium foundation. It controls my oil rather well and instead of flat-out matte it seems to set as a satin finish instead. It has SPF 15, which is a big plus. Love to wear this in the colder months when my skin is looking a little bit dull.
2. Rimmel London Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation. I was lucky enough to get this from Influenster ages ago, and fell it in love with it ever since. It has a thick texture and a little bit goes a long way, providing great coverage and a true matte finish. Beware of not exfoliating or moisturizing while wearing this, as it can cling to dry patches. Not a big fan of the shade range since my face looks a bit lighter at first when I apply it, so I might get the next darker shade and mix the two.
3. Clarins Ever Matte Skin Balancing Foundation. I just found out this was discontinued in the US! My heart just broke and it makes me want to hold onto this forever. I bought this last year as graduation pictures started to roll around. Even with SPF 15, my face did not have a white cast in the pictures, and my skin looked incredibly natural for the amount of makeup I had on. Not such great oil control but still a lovely foundation to use.

My Clarins foundation is usually reserved for special occasions and knowing I will not be able to repurchase opens a new door in the realm of high-end foundation search. Not going to lie, I am excited about it. Who knows, there might be a whole post devoted to it in the future.

- Linda

You Might Also Like

0 comments